Tuesday, June 22, 2010

(Unofficially) Started Training

Today I unofficially started training for a half marathon. I say unofficially because the training doesn't need to start until ten weeks before the race. The first race is October 10th in California. (Yes, I said the first race! I also want to run the half marathon in Vegas in December.) I started early for a couple reasons. First, I am ready to be disciplined and get into shape. I have been very lax the last few weeks about going to the gym, meaning that I haven't gone. I am disappointed that I haven't been to the gym because I was actually doing quiet well and starting to feel stronger. Oh well, I started again today.

I think having a reasonable goal, like a half marathon, will be helpful with being disciplined to go exercise. Secondly I'm scared that I wont be able to run 13.1 with only ten weeks of training. I figure I might as well get a head started since I have the time. I am pretty excited for the race. There are a handful of other staff that are running so it will be fun to train and run with them.

I haven't figured out if I even like running. Some people really like running. They enjoy the process and the run itself. I think I just like the sense of accomplishment at the end. I hope that in a few weeks that will change and I will enjoy the process of running. It would probably make running a half marathon a lot easier. :)

Today was a 2 mile run. I feel okay about it. It is going to take my body a few days to get use to working out again. Tomorrow is a cross-training day, not sure yet what I want to do but I don't think it will be running.

No comments:

Post a Comment