Monday, November 15, 2010

Catching Up

Well, another few months has passed without a blog update. What can I say? The blog has been a low priority.

Last weekend the UNLV staff hosted our first conference. The DIP was an inner city experience to learn about our ethnic identity, Biblical justice and God’s heart for the city. We took 23 students through the conference. The weekend was great. Student’s eyes were really opened. But this is a big issue (part of the reason we call it a dip.) This starts a big journey for our fellowship. I would consider the DIP a success.

The thing I learned most from the DIP though is that I continue to appreciate my job more and more. I love seeing students out of their comfort zone and experiencing another side of God’s heart. It is amazing seeing students become passionate about something they didn’t care about before. I love being able to take students on this journey. I love seeing them become passionate about something God cares about. I absolutely love it.

On another note, I have greatly enjoyed running! I completed my first ½ marathon on October 10, 2010. My time was 2:53:20. Not bad. I was just happy that I actually ran a ½ marathon! I am really proud of myself for sticking to training for 10 weeks. My goal of building discipline into my life is happening, not only with running. On top of that I have signed up for the Las Vegas Rock n Roll ½ marathon! It is December 5th. I can't say that every morning I wake up and can't wait to run, but I do have days that I am excited to run. I can't say that every run is easy, but I do feel stronger. I can't say that I have a good pace, but I am running. I am a runner.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite part of having a blog... THE COMMENTS!!! =) Proud of you for going public! Also, don't worry so much about how often you blog... just enjoy it when you can. I've found there are seasons when I can blog a ton (or have blog worthy moments) and others times when I'm just busy or stuck! Let me know if you ever want to do a blog writing challenge! Love ya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mandy - I just saw your blog on Layla's. It's kinda cool reading the blog of a UNLV InterVarsity staff! Also kinda deja-vu-ish. I read over your previous entries and am excited for your blogging, running, and ministering. If you ever want a running partner, you know where I am! (Maybe we could put Dominic in a jogging stroller and head on out! Oh, wait - what do I do with MY kids?)

    ReplyDelete